Tuesday, August 18, 2009

First Day of School!

My girlies started school yesterday! It may seem early for you northerners, but down here, public started last week, so we actually got an extra week of summer compared to most down here.

I was sad to see summer go, and will post some catch up of our summer fun, but wanted to get the school pics up in real time, rather than in a couple months like my M.O. has been lately.

1st, 3rd, and 5th grades commenced yesterday, with Gracie Goo still home one more year with me.

Noteworthy was the sad fact that not one of my sweet school girls would hold my hand this year walking in to school!! Can you believe it?? I can't! I thought Sarah would be a sure thing, so I went for her hand first, but was informed that she was a FIRST GRADER MOM, duh, and did not need to be holding her mommy's hand.

Mady, who probably would have happily held my hand, took her cue from Sarah and declined my offer, and Evie, well, lets just say I would have been disowned as a cool mom if I had tried to lovingly grasp that 5th grader's hand.

Sigh.

THAT was enough to bring a little tear to my eye. Oh well, I still have my lovable baby Goo who is more than happy to not only hold my hand, but have me carry her around on my hip...at what point will that look awkward??

Everyone was thrilled with their first day and ready to head out again this morning. The Goo and I headed to Target to get her some school supplies, as I have realized over the summer that my precious almost 4 1/2 year old is a little behind on some basic skills. So we are going to do a loose pre-k homeschooling this year. She is totally on board and very excited about "doing school" at home.

Enjoy the pics of my growing up little ladies!














2 comments:

  1. so exciting to have you back on the blog! I was just wondering the other day how many years i can carry Isabelle around before it is wrong too. Some people have already commented that i carry her too much. Luckily she is small...Ostrich walking up to the watering hole now...what was I saying?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet pictures Michele! I can't believe you only have one left at home. I just realized that Grace and Luke will be in kindergarten at the same time. I've got a lot of questions for you - so hopefully in September we can find a day to meet for coffee. :)

    ReplyDelete