Thursday, April 23, 2009

Bragg-worthy Notations...

My big girl, E, was moved up another level in swimming for the 2nd time this year!!!

She is now entering into the big leagues of year-round swim team, with two hour practices 4+ times a week with 1/2 hour "dry lands" exercising before they hit the pool, instead of one hour swim practices 2-3 times a week. I am crazy proud of her and continue to marvel at her natural ability in the water, and not-of-my-gene-pool tireless nature and athletic drive.

Also noteworthy in E's life...she was selected at school as the only girl out of the whole 4th grade class to recite an Emily Dickinson poem at the schoolwide Oratorical Recital at the end of the year. She was thrilled as she had thoroughly practiced her delivery of her poem for her class poetry recital last month in the hopes of being considered for this honor. I had no prior knowledge of this dream...I found this out when, after the poetry recital I told her how wonderful she had sounded, and she told me how hard she had worked on her tone, expression, speed and overall delivery! WOW! I would quaver pathetically every time I had to do any kind of public speaking growing up, and here my girl is seeking out opportunities to be on stage!

I don't want to leave out Mads, who, in 2nd grade, is obsessed with learning her times tables and practices the entire times table every day and has me listen..."Mom, I'm going to do 7's now...7, 14, 21, 28, 35, 42, 49, 56, 63, 70. Okay, now 8's..." She will definitely be ahead of the game for 3rd grade!

Sarah is happy as always, with an occasional tantrum thrown in when a sock is too tight, or her oatmeal isn't thick enough.

Grace is calling her sisters "Butthead" and "Loser-bo-booser"....

3 comments:

  1. Precious! I must think that all of Evie's academic excellence has something to do with her 2nd grade teacher?...I mean, just a theory. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't feel like signing on so I am anonymus.==Non

    I am exhausted just thinking about being Evie, Definately not from our gene pool.

    Isabelle asked us what "crap" meant tonight. Where could she have heard it? I mean there is no way John said it moments before she asked the question. Is it not me monday yet?

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love it. you don't know me but i am friends with amberly and go to perimeter. i found your blog through her blog. i love your honesty about life and raising children. so refreshing! i have three boys of my own!

    ReplyDelete