Thursday, April 2, 2009

T minus 20 hours and counting...




...and this is where I will be headed!

I am busy today preparing to leave, which involves laundry, supervising the clean up of the animals so we don't have to send them to their guest homes in the disgusting state we allow them to live in our house, and aimless wandering around as I plot and plan in my brain how to pack as little clothing as possible for us, whittle down the car bags that the children are packing for themselves, and figure out what to pack, foodwise, in the coolers.

I AM SO EXCITED TO LEAVE!!!!

We are very fortunate to have a great condo to go to, owned by my husband's parents, in Marco Island. The inlaws have just returned from their winter down there, so we will have the place to ourselves, and I am very much looking forward to being together as a family without the stresses of the daily grind here at home.

We are very relaxed vacationers, not adventurous at all, so the week will consist of relaxing at the condo pool, relaxing at the beach, and relaxing on the lounger on the screened in porch. The girls are always quite content with this schedule and keep themselves entertained quite nicely with no specific plan or adventure to busy them.

I don't know if I will have internet access down there, or whether I will even bring my computer with me...we'll see!

Spring Break, here we come!

3 comments:

  1. Wow. I seriously want to be there. Don't y'all think you should take us with you? Have a blast.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How lovely! Enjoy your time away. Chris and I are 'staycationing' next week fter I return from my scrapbooking retreat. I think I need to talk with my inlaws about buying a condo on the beach...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have fun!
    Good morning!

    Checking in from sits. It's FRIDAY!!!! Yay!!!

    Have a great weekend.

    Zen Cupcake

    ReplyDelete