Thursday, November 13, 2008

Back In The Day...

...I actually took the time to be a perfect, professional mother and recorded all the darling things my one perfect child, and then two perfect children said and did in a little journal. I think a couple things got recorded for the third child, but by then the illusion of perfection was beginning to crack! :)

But, here I give you some of my most favorite recorded memories from Back In The Day...

____________________________________________________


Evie Jill, 2 years old...
Evie farted loudly and said, "Oh, I farted!"
I said, "Oh, do you have to go poopy?"
and Evie says, "No, thank you, I just farting."

__________________________________________________

Evie Jill, 2 years old...
Evie climbed on my lap while I was holding newborn Mady and she snuggled in and said, "I got my two girls" and patted us!

___________________________________________________

Evie Jill, 2 years old...
Last night I asked you if you knew where Jesus lives and you said, "Minnesota".
I told you Jesus lives in your heart if you love Him.
This morning I asked you again where does Jesus live?
And you said, "In my shoulder"!

_____________________________________________________

Evie Jill, 2 1/2 years old...
We went shopping for new shoes and you had your feet measured. Later when we were looking for shoes for Mommy, you grabbed a foot measure and asked if you could measure your foot. You did that for a bit and then said, "Hey, Mom, can I measure my butt?" I laughed and said, "sure, you can measure your butt." And you sat a buttcheek on the foot measure and tried to measure it!

____________________________________________________

Evie Jill, 2 years, 9 months old...
Conversation with Evie as I get out of the shower:
Evie: Did you wash your hair today, Mom?
Mom: No, honey, not today.
Evie: Oh. Did you wash your armpits?

_____________________________________________________

Evie Jill, 2 years, 10 1/2 months old (don't you love how I recorded the EXACT age)...
I was calling you to come into the bathtub and you weren't coming. I keep calling you and finally you say, "Give me a break, Mom. I'm dancing, okay?!"

______________________________________________________________

Evie Jill, 3 1/2 years old...
You came up to me and said, "mommy, I really don't like my baby sister. I want to throw her away in the garbage can."

_____________________________________________________________

Evie Jill, 3 1/2 years old...
"Mommy, when I'm a big girl can I please be a cleaning lady?"

__________________________________________________________

Evie Jill, 3 1/2 years old...
Evie and Mady are laying in bed with us in the morning and Mady is all restless and climbing all over us. Evie sits up and says, "Mady! Do I look like a jumble gym to you? No, I do not!"

_____________________________________________________________

Mady, 22 months old...
On the airplane to MN for Christmas, you were very upset that you didn't get your own seat. You stood in front of us and grabbed at each of us with a scowl on your face and said in your little voice, "Hey! That's my seat!!"

_______________________________________________________________

Evie Jill, 4 years old...
conversation:
Mommy: "You look gorgeous today, Evie! But more importantly, you look gorgeous on the inside. Do you know what it means to be gorgeous inside?"
Evie: "It's not gorgeous inside, Mommy, there's just blood in there!"

______________________________________________________________

Evie Jill, 4 years old...
Evie hands me a picture she drew of a heart with Mady's name in it. Then she whispers in my ear: "Do you know that Mady is a special girl to me?"
I was so touched! Then she leans in to whisper again and adds, "She holds my hand when I go poop. She's a special girl".

_________________________________________________________________

Evie Jill 4 1/2 years old...
Mady has been picking at her butt a lot lately and we don't know why. You were commenting on it and asked me if I thought maybe Mady might have a hemmoroid! I didn't even know you knew that word, let alone what it meant! You amaze me and make me laugh!

_______________________________________________________________

Evie Jill, 4 1/2 years old...
Evie playing Barbies with Mady, pretending they are shoe shopping:
"Are these on sale yet?"

_____________________________________________________________

This is an all time favorite...
Evie Jill, 5 years old...
The girls went with the York girls and their dad, Grady, to the park and before they left, I reminded Evie of her manners and told her to call him Mr. York.
A few days later in the car Evie asks me if I remember that day. I say yes, and she says, "I felt kind of too shy to call their dad, Miss New York, so I just said 'excuse me' to him."
I think this laugh will go on for years in the cul de sac! Our n'bor Tracie suggested making him a Miss New York sash and putting a tiara on him!
---update...we did in fact do that and Miss New York graciously waved to his adoring cul de sac of fans!---

_____________________________________________________________

Evie, 5 years...
I was working hard outside with CJ shoveling woodchips from the playset. Evie comes out and says, "mom, why are you working? You're allergic to working!"
Who told her that??!!?

______________________________________________________________

Evie, 5 years...
Overheard the night before our trip to Minnesota:
"Mady, we have to get right to sleep because tomorrow is going to be the greatest day of our lives!"

________________________________________________________________

Mady, 4 1/2 years old...
I complemented Mady on her manners and here is what she said (I had just gotten out of the shower):
"I know I'm getting good at my manners. If I stick my hand in your butt, that would not be pwoper [proper]."

______________________________________________________________

Sarah Rose, 3 years old...
One night I lay with Sarah alongside me and Mady on top of me. This upset Sarah and she was complaining...
Mommy: Sarah, Mady has had a long day at summer camp and is very tired. Let me get her settled and then I willl hold you.
Sarah: But Mommy, I've had a long day at school, too, and I am so tired.
Mady: Sarah! You don't go to school!
Sarah: Uh, huh! I DO go to school, I go to Nun-Ya.
Mady: What school do you go to??
Sarah: Nun-Ya Business!
(she's a sharp one to use such humor at age 3!!)

_______________________________________________________________

Sarah, age 3...
At the end of dinner one night, Sarah exclaims very seriously...
"Mom, my butt really stinks. I need to take a bath so I can wash my butt."

____________________________________________________________

I hope you enjoyed those as much as I did reliving and remembering them! I did make a mental note to self....there is too much "butt" humor in this house!

Have a great day!

3 comments:

  1. These are WAY TOO CUTE - Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well at least they come but the butt humor honestly. :) Great memories.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know my feeling on your butt humor. At least now you have scared off the guys that might have once been interested in your girls.

    ReplyDelete