Thursday, November 27, 2008

Thanksgiving Present


We had such a nice Thanksgiving Day today! CJ's oldest brother Russ and his children, Will and Anna, drove over from Arkansas, and we brought our orphaned (no family in town) friends, the Brockobs, along to CJ's parents for a delicious meal and family fun. 7 adults, 10 kids in all.


CJ spent the morning golfing with his dad, brother, and nephew, while Evie, Mady, Anna, and Grandma cooked up a storm in the kitchen. I was home with the little girls in the morning to watch the Parade and make my Lemon Meringue Pie before I headed over.

The girls adored their teenaged cousins and had fun getting reaquainted with them. Sarah, in particular, was very fond of both Anna and Will, and they were very good sports about it!





The Goo bonded immediatley with Uncle Russ, who called her "Turtle" all day long...Goo also bonded with any warm body that would embrace her...





The men discussed the intricate details of the first incision...


And CJ braved the carving duty as his dad kept a watchful eye...

Little Kid Table!
Big Kid Table!

Ever the crafty girl that I am, I brought wood puzzles for each child to color in after they were done eating. Who'da thunk that you could find one craft project that would mesmorize and keep occupied 10 children spanning in ages from 3 to 14 for over 30 minutes!! It was a hit! I'm that good. :)

Presenting my famous homemade Lemon Meringue Pie to the delight and amazement of my mom-in-law and Dean...

The Brockob Brood...
Ma & Pa Bragg, our lovely hosts for the lovely day...


My hubby and me...
and our precious GEMS...

I am thankful for my very special family.
Happy Thanksgiving!

1 comment:

  1. There is nothing better than the now! Thanks for the wonderful pics of your Thanksgiving

    ReplyDelete