Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Preliminary Details of a Room Makeover

My big girl, E, is turning 10 on Feb. 1. I can't believe it, I've been a mommy for a decade! We determined last summer that what she wanted most for her birthday was a room makeover. We poured over catalogs and found inspiration rooms in Pottery Barn Teen, and then Mommy used her frugal skills to recreate the looks through Target and Hobby Lobby!

I have been shopping for this room since August and I am so excited that we are finally getting down to the wire. There are BIG PLANS coming for how the whole room makeover and reveal is going to go down...but I can't discuss them here until the event takes place, because E reads here sometimes (hi, honey! Don't look any further unless you really want to see what I've been up to and not be surprised!)

I have LOTS of crafty projects that are going into the room and I got started on a couple yesterday. Evie is a budding photographer, and this fall she had a field trip to the Botanical Gardens where she took some amazing photographs. This inspired me to use them somehow in her room. I printed out the pictures on regular computer paper in full blown 8 1/2 x 11 size and then got 4 square art canvases that I then painted to coordinate with the new room colors and then decoupaged the pictures onto the canvasas. I am very pleased with the look!

I also got a simple glass vase and decoupaged some paper and ribbon onto it and then picked out an assortment of silk flowers that coordinated with the new room colors. This is going to set near her reading chair.

There is lots more to come with this room makeover, but here are some tastes to whet your appetite for more...its going to be spectacular and I will include before and after pics!




4 comments:

  1. Everything looks amazing so far. I love the pictures. E really IS a budding photographer. You're such a crafty Mom!! E's one lucky girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Will you come be crafty in my house? Love it. Evie's photographs are amazing. Maybe we should put her in charge of family pictures. Can't wait to see the rest.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous! You are amazingly talented in decorating things.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yоu aсtually mаκe it ѕeem so еasу
    wіth your presentation but I find thіs matter to be aсtually ѕomething that
    I think I woulԁ never undеrstаnԁ.
    It seems too сompliсаted and eхtremelу brоаd for me.
    I'm looking forward for your next post, I'll tгy to get thе hang оf іt!


    my web ѕite: altec bucket trucks for sale
    Also see my website :: bucket truck

    ReplyDelete