Sunday, January 4, 2009

Are we having fun yet?....YES!

Since pictures are supposed to say a thousand words, I think pictures best sum up our wonderful, relaxing, perfect weather trip to Marco Island, Florida. We are glad to be back home with daddy and have the long 10 hour drive behind us, but we sure miss the gorgeous sun, beaches and nature that God provides down there!

One day we let the older three go down to the pool to sit and they all morphed into bathing beauties before my eyes...when did this happen?

The Goo was not please that she was not allowed to partake of this big girl ritual of sun worship and instead pouted in grandpa's arms while watching them wistfully, wishing her young years away.


Family friends who also have a condo in the same building took us to a fancy dinner one night at an Italian restaurant. It was lovely and the girls were very well behaved.
Molly and the girls.
Mommy sneaks into a pic.
Gma and Gpa with the girls
Mommy and her four gems.
Three mermaids and a crab on the beach.

My four gems.

Look what you made, God! Thanks!
A little play park action.
Monkey bars and palm trees...a nice combination!
E.

Mommy sneaks into a pic taken by the Goo.
Digging to China.
Goo finishes up.
Gorgeous!
My four gems in paradise!
Gpa taking his little ducklings for some shelling.
I love this pic of the four gems at sunset...I don't know how I got all four of them in the shot on the beach with no one else in the background!
My Goo.
She's fabulous.
What a cutie.
Sunny Sarah.
My big girls.
My little girls.
What do you think is going on here? Stretching? Gymnastics? Nope. They were playing in the sand trying not to sit down on their wet butts! Didn't want to get full of sand.
Gpa and four of his 22 grandchildren.

Gorgeous.
Amazing.
My four gems.

The Goo getting braided with, what else, orange beads. All four girls got a few cornrows.
The Goo catches Mommy again.
Happy New Year! Molly and Kate got the girls these awesome Vera Bradley aprons so they can further hone their skills in the kitchen.

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful pictures! Looks like you all had a wonderful time! I absolutely love the Vera Bradley aprons....I think I need to get my little girl one of those..

    ReplyDelete
  2. The pictures are beautiful and, of course, my grand-daughters are gorgeous -- their Mom ain't bad either! I AM NOT BIASED! Glad you are home safe. How was the trip?
    Love, Dad

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful pictures of our GEMS. So glad you had fun and got home safely. MOM

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like fun. I loved the picture of Grace pouting when the others were buried in the sand. They are getting so big. You don't have little girls anymore.

    ReplyDelete