Saturday, December 6, 2008

Celebrating Childhood Friendships

This morning Evie, Madeline, and I hosted a "Christmas Tea Celebrating Friendship" for each of their closest friend, Molly and Elizabeth, and their moms. It was such a lovely time, more special than I could have hoped for or imagined. I don't know where life will take each of these girls, but for now, we celebrate the sweet friendships they are enjoying with one another. I love these girls as part of our family, just as I know my girls are loved as a part of their families when they are with them. The moms embrace my girls and also love and support me continuously, and it was a high honor to be able to celebrate the sweet friendships between our daughters this morning.



I set a beautiful, red, festive table and planned a menu of crab quiche, broccoli quiche, monkey bread, fruit and best friend iced coffee frappe. I even tried my hand at homemade chocolate candies made in Wilton molds and was quite pleased with the results! They were delicious!












The girls and I each read a note we wrote to each friend and their moms. It was a sentimental and emotional time. They are such sweet friends.





Mady reading to Elizabeth and Mrs. Brockob and giving Elizabeth a gift she made her...










Mady and Elizabeth...soul sisters.

Evie reading her notes to Molly and Mrs. Tatgenhorst, and giving Molly the gift she made her...




Evie & Molly...BFF&e&e&e&e...



The lucky mom's of these precious girls: Susan, Michele, Phyllis

1 comment:

  1. Wow! What a wonderful way to celebrate each other. Well planned and implemented in such a loving manner. Treasured memories are made of times such as these.

    ReplyDelete