Friday, December 5, 2008

Two GEMS to Bragg About!



My older two, E & M, amazed me this morning.


Typically, school mornings are a wee bit stressful, what with getting a 4th, 2nd, and kindergartener ready and off while simultaneously dealing with a whiney, morning cranky three year old.


I won't name names, but one of these school girls is notorious for getting side-tracked every other minute, and one is notorious for having a variety of clothing breakdowns most mornings.


But somehow...


This morning, I woke early as I typically do, to steal a few quiet moments to myself, and who should arrive on the scene but a fully dressed eldest daughter who is preparing her lunch in the kitchen. Am I in the wrong house? Who are you and what have you done with my E?? Upon quizzing her on the variety of things she needs to have done and prepared before going off to school she check, check, checked off each one of them! I tried to praise her in just the right way that would instill pride in herself and a desire to repeat this performance come Monday!


She actually told me that she wanted to "beat" M, because M is one of those children that just does what she is told to do without actually having to be told to do it(...it is amazing to have one of those kids!) M is notorious for being up early and ready to go without any parental freakouts from moi. :)


M awoke and quickly readied herself and since there are 45 minutes to kill before carpool arrives, I have rewarded them with breakfast in the basement and a SpongeBob episode.


The "clothing issues" child does not have school today, but she came down dressed in a party dress for a play date...(I'll say it again, who are these children and what have you done with my daughters?!) We almost had a meltdown when the bow that tied around her was not laying "properly". We could not tame the wil-da-beast that was the offending bow, and so had to tie it on the side in some wierd way that satisfied the "clothing policewoman".


And I live on decaf coffee in the morning, people!


So here I am, getting to do a morning post while my children are enjoying a morning reward downstairs. Bliss. There is hope yet. God is good to give us morsels that show us that what we are trying to instill in our children might just eventually take root...even if its for just one blissful Friday morning.

2 comments:

  1. A precious morning. Thanks for sharing. You have wonderful girls and they have a wonderful Mother.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Now if you could only bottle that and use it liberally! :)

    I'm so glad that they were doing so well this morning. They are learning how to be such ladies!

    ReplyDelete