Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Girlfriends and lockers and crafts...oh my.

GIRLFRIENDS!
Today was my Bible study day and we had a Christmas breakfast and cookie exchange. The girls also surprised me with a couple birthday "happy's (happies?)" for me.


Here are my sisters, my teammates, my sanity keepers...
One of the girls dads has taken a real liking to us as a group and is always so sweet to us. He spent a lot of time and thought to make these beautiful pictures in frames for each of us in the picture below. It is of the 5 of us with the verse "Bear one another's burdens, and thus fulfill the law of Christ. Galatians 6:2"


I tell you this...these girls epitomize this verse. They carry me and my burdens as I imagine Jesus Christ, Himself, would have carried them for me when He walked on this earth. I love these wonderful ladies!

One of the girls got this hysterical mug for each of us. The picture is crappy, but it so very appropriately and accurately reads: "I'll have a caffe' mocha vodka valium latte to go, please!"
This was one of my birthday happy's. The girls made this frame that says "A friend is someone who knows the song in your heart and can sing it back to you when you have forgotten the words." Ahhhh, it brings tears to my eyes even now. These girls have sung back to me my song countless times when I have forgotten the words. Have I mentioned how much I love them?? I am blessed.
Another fun birthday happy. A wine glass painted with watches and such, indicating that it is surely 5 o'clock somewhere!
------------------------------------------------------------------------
LOCKERS!!!
Any family with children is going to drool over this next discovery of ours....Lockers!!! We had a basic conceptual idea of wanting lockers in the garage for our four girls because of the constant disaster that four children with multiple shoes, coats, bags, CRAP, drag in to the garage and dump there. CJ was sick of seeing it and suggested a locker concept. I liked it, but thought they'd be pretty expensive. We casually looked around for awhile and one day at Lowe's "LAAAAAAAAAAAAAA" There they were, in a price we were willing to pay! Aren't they beautiful???!!!!! Four lockers...

Don't you want to just run out right now and get some of your very own for your own garage crappy disaster?! I got the chalkboards in wood frames at Michaels and painted them the colors of the girls shoe bins which we got at Lowes. We added sportier stainless steel handles and heavy duty hooks in each locker and viola! They are awesome!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CRAFTS!
Yes, I've been crafy again...here are a couple of my new creations:

For my new baby nephew

For a family friend for Christmas
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
That's all for now. I have to rest up for the class christmas party in Sarah's kindergarten class tomorrow morning. I am thinking of giving a small tour of my christmas decorations like my sis did on her blog...we'll see. It kind of makes me want to clean my house and do some more decorating and you are not even REALLY going to be here!
Good night!

4 comments:

  1. I LOVE THE NAME PLACK (sp?)! You did (as always) such a beautiful job. I can't wait to see it hanging above his crib. Your the greatest!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I believe it is "Plaque".

    I also love the name things. Saw the barrette holder you made for Sofie many moons ago at Julia's today and felt whistful about it. Although I have more pony holders than barrettes.

    Fun gifts from your girls. I exchange with my girls as well and they are always my favorite gifts of the season.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh and awsome lockers. Love them. I have been dreaming of lockers for our family for years too. Although I am also dreaming of a location INSIDE my house to put them since it is a bit nippy in my garage this time of year. The big question is...are the girls using them?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful changes to contain everyones stuff. Looks like each one has plenty of storage. It is so delightful to see you using those creative juices again. You are a special gift to those around you and they to you. Luv, MOM

    ReplyDelete