Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Crafty Mom is at it again!

I have been busy-ing myself with lots of easy to do crafts these days. I feel so peaceful and calm when I am crafting...well, when I am doing it with my girls it is a little more stressful, but I do want to instill in them a love of crafts so it is worth the mental insanity of glitter and glue everywhere for what will hopefully turn into a lifelong love of creativity for them.

This first picture is some practice ornaments I did for the craft I am leading for all the 4th grade girls at Evie's school (about 35, its a small, private school) on Friday for a christmas party some of us mom's put together for them. It's a glass ornament that I put ribbon on with double stick tape and then glitter in between the ribbons. I looped a little candycane charm on it and hung it by a ribbon. Easy and cute...I think the girls will enjoy it. I got all the supplies ready this morning, this is surprisingly on top of life for me! Here is the simple teacher gift I am having the girls make. It is a box letter of the teacher's last name. The girls painted the sides, decoupaged paper on the front and back, and then decoupaged christmas words on it...the B is Mady's and the E is Sarah's. I think they turned out cute and they were a pretty easy project for the girls to do all on their own after I prepped it with the cutting.



And this is just for Wordless Wednesday humor...i walked in to the bathroom to find this:


Yes, those are polly pockets drowning in a sea of water and hair elastics! Hahahahahaha! I have no idea why, I decided not to ask. :)

1 comment:

  1. You are the craft Queen! I love the ornament idea. I'm sure the girls had a lot of fun. And how special for the girls to make the gift for the teacher. (instead of you, or just buying something) Also, kuddos on letting Sarah do your hair. That's one area I have not let Sofie venture. :)

    ReplyDelete