Monday, December 15, 2008

Santa Claus is coming to town...plus a dinner party


We had a great Sunday!


It was our annual Christmas brunch and Santa visit at my inlaws clubhouse. They have the best Santa, it has been the same one for all 10 years we have been going. We have pics with him starting with Evie when she was 10 months old. He's the best, so loving and engaging with each child and takes his time, and the photographer is great, too...taking a couple digital shots for the photo package, and then also a polaroid for each child to take with them.


We also gorge ourselves on an incredible food spread...cheeses, salads, fruit, shrimp, crab claws, belgain waffle and omelet bar, salmon, breads, kid cuisine bar, ham, steak, chicken, fish, desserts, ice cream, all kinds of side dishes...you can easily have a 12 course meal. We always enjoy eating to our hearts content and then rolling ourselves out of there.


I can't believe I didn't get any pics of the kids with grandma and grandpa! They are a little camera shy, I kept saying I wanted to, but it never happened. :(


The girls were so into seeing Santa this year! When we first arrived, Grandpa was standing with his back to us in a room next to where Santa was. We told Gracie to sneak up on grandpa and as she headed for him she saw Santa and runs right into the room where other children were on his lap and a picture was being taken and goes right up to Santa. We shoo'd her out and told her we'd see him after we ate.
"G" with Santa Claus

Grace told Santa that she wanted the American Girl doll "Roofie" (Ruthie) and when we were leaving she says "Hey! Where's my American Girl doll??" We laughed and teased Santa about why he doesn't have her AG doll in his back pocket! He laughed (Ho-ho-ho) and told G he'd see her in a couple weeks. :)
"E" with Santa...

Evie told Santa she wanted a Nintendo DS for Christmas...she seems a little too certain that that is what she is getting. :)
Sweet "M" with Santa...


My sweet Madeline...she patiently waited her turn for face time with Santa. She told him she wanted a Littlest Pet Shop.

"S" with Santa

Silly Sarah strikes again! As soon as she got up on his lap she looks right in his face and gives him a big "HO-HO-HO!" I sure hope she had brushed her teeth that morning! She told him she was an American Girl shop and as we were leaving she informed me that it was good to ask Santa for what they wanted because then he would bring it to them and then we wouldn't have to spend any money on their presents! hmmm, sounds good to me.


MY FOUR GEMS

Wacky posing with Daddy

Mommy and her girls


Later in the day, when I was still stuffed from brunch we had a dinner party to go to. This was with my Bible study girls and their husbands. I am the most blessed girl in the world to be in the presence of these four women each week. This is our third year together in a small group, but most of these girls have been in my life for 5-10 years and I love them so much! Even though I didn't think I could eat another bite until next week, I totally enjoyed the delicious food we all put together. It was a great evening.
CJ and ShelMy girls...

3 comments:

  1. Wow, what a fun filled blessed day!! You are where you belong and belong where you are.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like fun. A party day. Love your outfit. One of your many new looks. I do need to come down and borrow a few things.:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got the same feeling as pawolfe. Your right in the throw of God's plans and purposes for your life! You truly are blessed!

    ReplyDelete